You are the Chosen One

Exodus 3:10




Table of Content:

  • The Lord pointed out that Moses would do this mission.
  • Moses' Mission Was to Lead the Deliverance of Israel.
  • First objection: Who am I? 
  • Second objection: Who are you?
  • Third objection: What If They Don't Believe Me?
  • Fourth objection: I have no ability
  • Fifth objection: Don't be me, just choose someone else
  • Guide

The Lord pointed out that Moses would do this mission.

God gives us the individual assignment, and this should be taken as a privilege. In the office, especially in government, if you are not given an assignment, the call is placed in the freezer, big shock. 

Rejoice when the Lord asks you to do much.

Moses was going to be the Supreme Ruler of Egypt, Pharaoh.

When the Lord calls us, He puts us in the middle of the action, not just on the margin or edge. God wants us to be in the thick of the fight. 

We cannot just peek out the window; need to mediate action.

Moses' Mission Was to Lead the Deliverance of Israel

God's business is the redemption, the salvation of His creation. The Lord wants to use you as an instrument of deliverance from sin, despair, and the emptiness of life. 

These are the opportunities of service the Lord gave Moses. He should have seized these opportunities immediately, but Moses refused. Moses had five objections:


First objection: Who am I?

"Lord, you must have turned the wrong name," Moses explained. 

That's something I'm not sure I'm up for." Humility is the acceptance of one's own weaknesses and flaws. 

But using limitations and shortcomings as an excuse to refuse service is a manifestation of unbelief.

What is the promise of the Lord? "I'll be with you," 

He said. It's a guarantee of His presence, blessing, and security. If the Lord has called you, expect Him to be with you to the end.


Second objection: Who are you?

Because Moses could not get through his first objection, he immediately followed it. "Who are you? Who can I say ordered me?" "God said, "I am who I am." That is, He is the sole source of information. 

Others are past or yet to come. When God says, "I am who I am," He is making His character dependable at all times.

He is not as changeable as the weather. 

If this is how God commands us and is with us in keeping the command, what objection can be material and relevant?


Third objection: What If They Don't Believe Me?

This is also our common question. "What if no one trusts me if I go to testify against the Lord?"

In response, God showed Moses three signs: a rod that became a serpent, a sign of authority; the leper hand cleansing, a sign of healing and assurance; and the water turning to blood, a sign of power. 

God can empower our lives so that it speaks instead of our lips.

It seems that Michael the Archangel once spoke to God. Michael said: "I hope, Lord, you have not just given man the power to speak so that what you hear is what his heart is saying." God's answer: 

"I do not listen to their words. I listen to their lives."


Fourth objection: I have no ability

Moses said, "Lord, I cannot speak to Pharaoh. I am lame; I am lame." 

Moses wasn’t incompetent, that’s just what he thought or thought of himself. 

What we think of ourselves shapes who we are.

"Who makes man's mouth?" God asked Moses. God seems to be saying to Moses, "Moses, I am the one who makes you. I know what you can do. 

Moses, I am in love with you. You must be in love with yourself as well." 

The truth is, we don't know much about the things we do know. God has given us gifts. We have to allow God to show us those gifts.


Fifth objection: Don't be me, just choose someone else

Moses said, "Lord, I do not want you to send someone else." What else are Moses' alibis? The total, he just doesn’t want to follow, period. 

We are often like this. What alibis do we use, but the truth is, we just don’t want to comply.

God was patient with Moses' four objections. But here in the fifth objection, God is already angry. Exodus 4:14 says, "And the LORD was angry with Moses." 

Not only was God's anger kindled against Moses. 

When God calls us to serve and we have many objections, He can ignite anger. 

When God calls us and who we teach, His wrath will be quickened. And not just anger, but burning anger. 

The question is, can we accept the burning wrath of God?

No one else can do the work of the Lord, but you; but we whom He has called.


Guide:

Have you discovered God's purpose? How do you accomplish this?

List your immediate goals, as well as your long-term goals. Are they consistent with your fulfillment of God's plan for your life?

Comments